Thread: some help, ive got 6 axils

Default some help, ive got 6 axils

ok, if i get this jeep, i can get rockwell axils for free....ok, here the deal though, im 15, this is my secound truck (i have a chevy silverado) a little hard to get money, cause im getting $5 a hour, but the guy wants 2 grand for this jeep, it has two dana 70s, and 2 dana 60s in the bed for spairs...i asked the guy, if i could take the axils, and sell them, but he said not while hes still owning the truck, cause if i dont buy it, he wont be out 4 axils...i was thinking, maby i can work a deal with some one that once they give me money, and i get the truck, ill give them the 4 in the bed, the two thats under it right now, and i would put the rockwells under it...would anyone be interested in this deal? or is this not a good plan?

You're going to need a lot of money to do Rockwells. It's not just the axles, there are steering, brake, rims/tires (a HUGE expense, btw: mine are costing nearly as much as I've got in the rest of the truck), driveshafts, and possibly a lift to clear the motor. Oh, yeah: you'll need more motor than the 230 to turn the big tires.

wow.....so, scrap the rockwells, ill have too sell those, are the dana 60s and 70s good axils, can they spin 40' tsl with maby 500 hp behind them?

If you're spinning that much HP those axles will fly apart like dandelions.

Why is this still in the sale section?????????

It isn't!
    -- Tim Taylor

How does a 15 YO making $5/hr come come up with a 500Hp motor??

He can't. Well, he could, but it will be a while.

How does he get 5 bucks an hour when minimum wage is $7.50?

well, im working for my dad, and he owns a welding/ rat rod shop, he will only give me $5 a hour, cause i have no clue.....but the 500hp motor, well, ive got a little bit of connections.....we can get 700cfm out of a holly 2 barrel