Thread: Trans. ?

Default Trans. ?

I am weighing my options to drop rpm on road and have located a nv4500 for the overdrive. In trying to get the total cost together for this swap I need to know if the input shaft will fit through the clutch and if it is long enough to reach the pilot bushing. I have the adapter kit that I bought from Bob and could modify it to adjust for length and mounting holes to line up. If any of you have a t-98, nv4500, or know the input shaft measurements and spline count please jump in here. Thanks for any help you can give.

You are trying to put a NV4500 behind a stock 230?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

If the answer is yes, I would suggest Michelin XL or XZL tires for the same overdrive effect, a lot less money and very easy to return your truck to stock if you ever decide to sell it.

Plus, no matter who you are, what you buy or who puts it together. A modified drivetrain will still have some "non stock" qualities that will annoy you, aggrivate you, leave you on the side of the road or just plain make your truck worth less money.

Now, if you are doing an engine and a NV4500 swap, have at it. Just find a 2wd NV4500, the bellhousing that goes with it and throw it together.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

Sorry for not giving you all the info but I have a 350 in it now with stock tranny and t-case. I have priced my options and if the nv4500 can match the bolt pattern of the bell housing, guessing it won't, that it would be the cheapest route to go now to correct rpm's and still be an upgrade that I am interested in having as a finished product. If they aren't the same pattern then I thought I could adapt the "adapter kit" that I got from Bob in order to mate the nv4500 and bellhousing up. My question was to find the length of the input shaft tip to case and its spline count and od. of both transmissions. Hoping I can do away with the adapter plate and still use the same clutch.

I understand about the resale thing but this one isn't for sale. Sold my first one and regretted it ever since.

The NV4500 only fits NV4500 bellhousings. Chevy used two different ones. A Dodge NV4500 won't bolt to the first version and the input gear on the Cummins NV4500's won't fit the 350 crank. So, either go to Advance Adaptors and pay them $700 for their bellhousing kit or find a Chevy 2wd NV4500 and the bellhousing hooked to it. I would suggest a 96 or newer because the hydraulic throwout slave is on the drives side up high instead of way down low on the passenger side like the early model Chevy versions were.