Thread: Paint

Default Paint

The product review section seems to have disappeared so I'll post here.

Tried some of the Liquid Clay Ice on some oxidized paint. Cleaned it up really nice. Hit it with some Mcguires Color Restore and amazingly, it's as nice as the day it was painted. Well not quite but it sure brought back the original OD green. The paint I just shot about a week ago matches up well now with the treated areas. It does leave it with a bit of a shine but it's not much more than it would have if it was freshly painted.

If you've got some oxidized paint you may want to give it a shot! Sure seemed strange buffing up an old army truck- I'm sure it's never seen a buffer in it's 30 plus years of life.

Any ideas on how to make new paint look weathered? I don't really want my truck to look new.

Mr. Positive told me my truck was too shiny. He said to mix some talcum powder in with the paint and it would not have any shine at all.

I was thinking about trying it on some of the M35 parts I need to paint just to see. But, I don't want to clog up my gun either and haven't sat down to think about the sizes of a talc grain and if they clump or not.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    Any ideas on how to make new paint look weathered? I don't really want my truck to look new.
    Hand wash the truck with a scotch brite pad. I like the "been around" look also.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.