Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cummins Mount

Default Cummins Mount

I am planning a CUMMINS swap into a m715 and I just wanted to know how you that have done it mounted the engine? fordcummins.com makes kits for fords and chevys, would this work? Will the cummins set into the stock mounts on the 715?

Any help needed

Mikel has done more of them than I have and probably has better suggestions. The one I did, we started with a frame that already had the stock perches removed, so we built our own. They are pictured in the thread titled 6bt, CUCv axle...
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

If you have the frame, or can find a frame I would take the crossmember or mounts off the dodge truck and make them fit the M frame. As heavy as a diesel is I would think a crossmember would be good so the engine isnt trying to spread the frame rails.

I like using 1st generation mounts. Contrary to popular belief, if you locate the engine properly, a lift is not needed the hood/axle.

This is my friend's:

For the rest of the stuff, I would stick with Dodge parts. Relatively cheap and plentiful.

1968 M715
    1968 M725

Since any part or kit you but to mount a Cummins in will still need modification, I would suggest starting from scratch with your own stuff and dial it in to exactly what you want/need.

I think Chris Unger has that set up. Maybe shoot him a PM.

Has anyone used a stock crossmember out of a dodge truck to put a Cummins in? If so I need details and pics if possible. Also how far back did you weld the crossmember in? Any help.

Quote Originally Posted by jrok93003 View Post
    Has anyone used a stock crossmember out of a dodge truck to put a Cummins in? If so I need details and pics if possible. Also how far back did you weld the crossmember in? Any help.
    I did look into using a 1st generation crossmember, but it appeared that it would hit the axle. If you have a lot of lift that may not be a problem. But I wouldn't go by my quick measurements...