Thread: Prestolite Distributor 1AT 4416 6 N Rebuild Help

Default Prestolite Distributor 1AT 4416 6 N Rebuild Help

Sometime back the forest service converted the Tornado 230 to 12v and used a Prestolite 1AT 4416 6 N. We "upgraded" it to Pertronix and it worked for a year till it didn't.

Wondering if someone can recommend a reliable shop who can rebuild the Prestolite so I can get the truck going again.

Oh, if anyone on LI wants a Tornado 230 engine that was running before I replaced it with a depot rebuilt one, it's here.

Thanks.

Default bump

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Awca12a View Post
    Sometime back the forest service converted the Tornado 230 to 12v and used a Prestolite 1AT 4416 6 N. We "upgraded" it to Pertronix and it worked for a year till it didn't.

Wondering if someone can recommend a reliable shop who can rebuild the Prestolite so I can get the truck going again.

Oh, if anyone on LI wants a Tornado 230 engine that was running before I replaced it with a depot rebuilt one, it's here.

Thanks.
    I bought this on Evil-Bay................1962-63-1964 WILLYS PRESTOLITE 6 CYLINDER DISTRIBUTOR CORE, PRESTOLITE: IAT 4416. I was lucky to find it; its the only one I saw so far. I also bought the corresponding Pertronix 2561.
    I'm hoping they last a while, currently they are working great. Whats the story with the Tornado engine? Are you selling it? I'd love an engine to tinker with.

Unless the shaft has a lot of play there isn't much that can go wrong with the distributor itself, I would install the points back in it and try it, also verify the coil, cap and rotor are in good condition, also check to make sure you are getting 12v at the distributor.