|Forums||Basic Training||Online Maintenance Manuals||The M715 Zone Vin Registry||VPW's M715 Parts List||Galleries||Links|
The services hereunder are offered by M715 Zone, located at: M715 Zone, 1790 Green Acres Road, Mosinee, WI 54455. We also can be reached by sending email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Privacy Notice. Your privacy is important to M715 Zone. M715 Zone's Privacy Notice is hereby incorporated into these Terms by reference. Please read this notice carefully for details relating to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
2. Individual Features and Services. When using the Website, you will be subject to any additional posted guidelines or rules including, but not limited to, the "Announcements" or "Stickies" found in the M715 Zone Forums, and all items found in the M715 Zone FAQ , which are applicable to specific activities and features which may be posted from time to time (the "Guidelines"). All such Guidelines are hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms.
3. Modification of these Terms. M715 Zone reserves the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time. Please check these Terms and any Guidelines periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Website after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. For any material changes to these Terms, such amended terms will automatically be effective thirty days after they are initially posted on the Website.
4. Prohibited Conduct -- BY USING the Website YOU AGREE NOT TO:
10. Intentionally interfere with the operation of the Website or any Member's enjoyment of it, or intentionally post inflammatory statements to get responses ("Trolling")
5. Eligibility; Account Information. The Website is not available to persons under the age of 13 or to any Members suspended or removed from the Website by M715 Zone. You agree that the information you provide to M715 Zone upon Member registration and, at all other times, will be true, accurate, current and complete. You also agree that you will ensure that this information is kept accurate and up-to-date at all times.
6. Password. When you register as a Member you will be asked to provide a password. As you will be responsible for all activities that occur under your password, you should keep your password confidential. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure (for example, in the event of a loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure or use of your password, or any credit, debit or charge card number), you will immediately notify M715 Zone. You may be liable for the losses incurred by M715 Zone or others due to any unauthorized use of your account.
7. Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Website is owned and operated by M715 Zone. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, computer code, products, software, services, and all other elements of the Website provided by M715 Zone, including without limitation any Artwork, virtual items, Member Online Accounts or User IDs, or visual art and any combination thereof (all of the foregoing, collectively, the "Materials") are protected by United States copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. Except for any Member Submissions, which are owned by and provided by our Members, all Materials contained on the Website are the property of M715 Zone or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to M715 Zone or its affiliates and/or third-party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by M715 Zone, you agree not to buy, sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make any unauthorized or commercial use of the Materials.
8. Member Submissions.
10. Prohibited Uses.
11. DMCA Notifications.
It is M715 Zone's policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. M715 Zone will promptly terminate without notice any Member's access to The Website, if that Member is determined to be a "repeat infringer." A repeat infringer is a Member who has been notified by M715 Zone of infringing activity violations more than twice and/or who has had a Member Submission removed from M715 Zone more than twice.
13. Payment Terms.
If you purchase a "Subscription" for various added features from M715 Zone, then you agree to pay for any such purchases, and we may charge your selected payment method to collect any such payments.
You are responsible for all charges incurred under your account made by you or anyone who uses your account (including your children, family, or friends). If your payment method fails, your subscription may be deactivated without notice to you if payment is past due, regardless of the dollar amount.
You may cancel your subscription at any time by logging into your paypal account and canceling the active subscription.
M715 Zone does not have access to your Paypal account. M715 Zone cannot charge your account without your approval.
14. Third-Party Sites, Products and Services; Links
15. Violations; Termination.
You agree that M715 Zone, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate any account (or any part thereof) you may have with M715 Zone or your use of the Website and remove and discard all or any part of your account, Member profile, or any Member Submission, at any time. M715 Zone may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing access to the Website, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Website or any account you may have or portion thereof may be effected without prior notice, and you agree that M715 Zone shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such termination. As discussed herein, M715 Zone does not permit copyright infringing activities on the Website, and reserves the right to terminate access to the Website, and remove all content submitted, by any Members who are found to be repeat infringers. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of the Website may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies M715 Zone may have at law or in equity.
No Warranties. M715 ZONE AND ANY THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE, SERVICES, OR APPLICATIONS MADE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, M715 ZONE, ITS SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, AND PARTNERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
M715 ZONE, ITS SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, AND PARTNERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
M715 ZONE, ITS SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, AND PARTNERS DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE WEBSITE IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT M715 ZONE OR ITS SUPPLIERS, LICENSOR OR PARTNERS) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIAL OR DATA THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
17. Indemnification; Hold Harmless. You agree to indemnify, save, and hold M715 Zone, its affiliated companies, and its suppliers, licensors, and partners harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use or misuse of the Website, violation of these Terms, violation of the rights of any other person or entity, or any breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants made by you herein. M715 Zone reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify M715 Zone, and you agree to cooperate with M715 Zone's defense of these claims.
18. Limitation of Liability and Damages. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, WILL M715 ZONE OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THIRD-PARTY PARTNERS, LICENSORS, OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH M715 ZONE, EVEN IF M715 ZONE OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, M715 ZONE’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
IN NO EVENT WILL M715 ZONE OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THIRD-PARTY PARTNERS, LICENSORS, OR SUPPLIERS TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS, (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THE WEBSITE DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DAY THE ACT OR OMISSION OCCURRED THAT GAVE RISE TO YOUR CLAIM OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
THESE LIMITATIONS WILL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD OR PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES OTHER THAN M715 ZONE AND RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE WEBSITE OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE.
M715 Zone, LLC ("M715 Zone") values the privacy of its users, members, customers, subscribers, and others who visit and use (collectively or individually, "Members") www.m715zone.com and any other web sites or services (collectively, "Website") owned or operated by M715 Zone.
NOTE TO KIDS: The Website is not for persons under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then we encourage you to visit other web sites -- there are lots of other great web sites for you. Our site caters to users who are over the age of 18, and we caution users under the age of 18 to use parental guidance.
NEVER DISPLAY ANY
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT COULD BE USED TO FIND YOU IN THE REAL,
OFF-LINE, WORLD -- for example, your full real name, mailing or home
address, or phone numbers.
The Way M715 Zone Uses Information:
When M715 Zone Discloses Information:
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with M715 Zone, in which case you will not be able to participate in many Website activities. You may update, correct, or delete your Member account information and email subscription preferences at any time by going to the Edit Profile section of the Website; provided, however, that upon deletion of your account or profile, please note that some of your personal information, including billing and contact information, may remain in M715 Zone's systems for some limited period of time.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections. HOWEVER, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
M715 Zone uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of Member Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of Member Information collected by M715 Zone, and you transmit such information at your own risk. Once we receive your Member Information, M715 Zone makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If M715 Zone learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. M715 Zone may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should Contact us.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, M715 Zone does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Website from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of the Website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. If M715 Zone learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on the Website without verifiable parental consent, then M715 Zone will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained a Website account, then you may contact us and request that M715 Zone delete that child's personal information from its systems.
M715 Zone is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
In the Event of Merger or Sale:
In the event that M715 Zone is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from Members as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice:
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically without further notice to you and this will be reflected by the "last modified" notice below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received that personal information. Your continued use of the Website constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of personal information you have provided to us, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you and obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Effective Date, Date Last Modified:.
M715 Zone Privacy Notice effective as of April 1, 2009.
M715 Zone Privacy Notice last modified on August 14, 2010.
M715 Zone Contact Information:
Please contact M715 Zone with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, our third-party disclosure practices, or your consent choices via our online contact form, or by snail mail at M715 Zone, 1790 Green Acres Road, Mosinee, WI 54455. We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days of its receipt.
|M715 Zone Rules|
|What are the Official Site and Forum Rules of M715Zone.com?
These Rules Are Official Policy Of M715Zone.com
We are gathering a lot of attention from many sources, including owners of these vehicles, magazines, parts suppliers, other 4x4 web sites and more. We are the #1 source for information on these vehicles. In light of this, I feel that a certain level of decorum must be maintained, a family atmosphere if you like. If we want to be respected in other circles, we must be able to respect each other. The following rules are designed to do that on our Forums.
The Rules are as follows:
Flaming is any message that is deliberately hurtful, hateful, or abusive. Although we realize that some discussions can become intense, we ask that you remain polite in the posting boards. Insulting another person or demeaning their ideas is not part of this board. Disputing an idea with logical arguments, or facts (contrived or other) is fine, but name calling, insults or simply "Your wrong, I'm right" with no basis is not welcomed, condoned or acceptable on this site. For the well being of the members, any posts containing flaming will be removed.
No Offensive or Threatening Language
Posting language should be like spoken language....if you wouldn't want your children saying it, don't post it. We do not want to give a bad impression to new members, magazines that might cover us, parts suppliers who might not advertise here, etc. If such language is used, especially if it is directed toward other persons, you will be given a 1 month suspension of posting privileges. This includes racial slurs. Repeated offenses will result in being banned. Note that if a first offense if deemed grievous enough, banning will occur at that time.
We have a word censor with a banned words list on the site for offensive words. If a word is censored in your post, that means it is on our banned words list. Attempts to get around the banned word list with alternate spellings are considered the same as using the banned word. Since the normal spelling is not allowed, the alternative spellings are not allowed as well. These will be removed and 1 warning will be given. Repeat occurrences will result in suspension of posting privileges or even banning in severe cases.
This rule is somewhat relaxed on the BS Board though the f-bomb and racial slurs, among others, will NEVER be tolerated.
If you threaten another member and/or their family or friends, etc. with injury and or death, YOU WILL BE BANNED. There is no place on this site for such behavior.
Character assassination will not be tolerated. In the past there have been occasions where one party in a transaction feels they were shorted in a deal. If such a thing happens to you AND you are posting to give the FACTS of the problem to warn others of a possible rip-off they should avoid, that is allowed and in my opinion a valuable source of info to prevent further members from becoming victims. If on the other hand, you want to post that so and so is a big fat blankity blank because he did such and such, take it off the boards. If an argument ensues between the parties, even if they are discussing the facts, it will be removed.
Stay On Topic
Pretty much anything to do with buying, owning, working on, driving and playing with these trucks is fine. Members of this list are allowed to wander off topic provided they do so on one of the appropriate boards for such content. If you want to talk about your street rod or your new baby boy, please do so in the forums made for these purposes. Members posting on the wrong boards will receive a warning to move future posts to appropriate areas and the posting will be either deleted or moved by the Moderators to the correct board based on the Moderators judgment at the time. Continued off topic/wrong forum postings can lead to suspension of privileges.
Respect the Site and Your Fellow Members
Do not post offensive images, either of a sexual nature or gross depictions of violence or of acts of hatred. You may post a link to items that are allowable for all age levels to view, NO PORN, if it has direct relation to a posting that does not violate any other rules of the site. On the B.S. Board, due to the fact that you must be 18 to enter, there may occasionally be links to adult material. If this is overused, it will be stopped. Make no mistake, images of porn WILL NOT be tolerated on the B.S. Board...occasional links, within reason, may be allowable at the Moderators discretion. Adding that a link is not safe to be viewed at work is recommended for items that could get members in trouble at their job.
On the Internet, typing in all caps is considered yelling. Unless you are specifically using caps to make a point, as above, do not use all caps when making posts. This is considered rude and since we are trying to foster a family oriented community, rudeness is not appropriate. This behavior will result in a warning and removal of such posting(s). If the warning is not heeded, suspension of privileges may result.
Don't Defend the Site
If someone posts something offensive, or against the rules, it's the Administrators and Moderators duty to deal with, no one else's. By Administrators, I include myself, Jon Schmidt (brute4c), Ed (Hammer), Doug (Doug) and Bob (bump_r). The Moderators for each board are listed on the individual board in question. We work on the site, we guide its direction, and we will defend the site. If you are so offended (personally) take it to private email, or notify one of the boards' moderators or the site administrators. You can reach me at email@example.com .
Don't Like the Policies?
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . Do not post it on the boards.
These Rules may be bent by the Moderators/Administrators, if they choose. Leniency may be permitted, depending on situation. Do NOT assume anything, however. This is a forum for discussion of all aspects of the M715/M724/M725/M726 and all the things that can be done to them or with them.
Penalties for Failing to Comply with the Rules
If you fail to comply with these rather basic rules and guidelines, the following disciplines apply:
General problems on the boards, as noted above, can get posts moved to a more appropriate board, have them edited, or have them deleted all together, depending on the infraction. For serious infractions, the following penalties may also apply.
For responding to offensive posts defensively, one warning, and thereafter offenses result in a suspension of posting privileges. This suspension will be imposed for a week.
For offensive language, or flaming, suspension of posting privileges for a month. Extreme situations (where the Moderator/Administrator is REALLY peeved) may get you banned altogether.
On behalf of all the Moderators and Administrators who work hard to insure this site runs smooth and orderly, and for the good of all our Members, thank you for your cooperation with these rules.
Jon Schmidt, brute4c, Founder, The M715 Zone
|M15 Zone Moderator Rules|
|M715 Zone Moderator Rules:
Please find below the rules with which these Forums are moderated. These rules are subject to revision and correction as time and situations may warrant.
The moderators are the people who make sure that members are following the Forum Rules. They are here to help members and to protect members and the forum itself, from those few, who do not want to act as adults. Their job is not an easy one, so I have to thank them all for volunteering their time and talents to help me run this site. There isn't any prerequisite amount of time a moderator is asked to be on our boards, but the reason why we pick one person to be a moderator over another person is that we know this person tends to post a lot on the board. They have shown that they will be here and that certainly is required.
The main job of a moderator is to make sure that the boards stays lively and informative, but also that the Forum Rules are followed. And this all must be done while maintaining peace and harmony amongst our members, which requires patience, stamina, and above all, tolerance.
The rules below are established in order to make their life and the life of our members easier.
1. The moderator's role is to enforce the Forum Rules among the Forum members. This is an administrative task, not a law enforcement task and should be treated as such, both by the moderators and the members.
2. The moderator acts as a role model for the rest of the members. The moderator's behavior has to set an example to how other members should behave in the forum.
3. The moderator does not have friends and enemies, all members should be treated the same by every moderator. A moderator should not allow his personal feelings to influence his judgment about the content of this forum, or the behavior of the members. These are defined by the forum rules and the moderator's personal feelings have nothing to do with them.
4. The moderator has the right to delete and/or edit members' threads or posts, if he thinks that these are not according to the Forum Rules. He is not allowed to delete or edit a thread or a post, simply because he does not agree with its content or the member who submitted it. Typically a thread or a post will be edited or deleted, if it contains material or comments that violate the Forum Rules. Two examples are nudity or comments which can be insulting for other members of the forum. Keep in mind the international characteristics of the Internet. A moderator has the right to edit posts. He will take out a portion of a post that would otherwise cause it to be deleted, but will not otherwise revise the post (unless a word or two needs to be added for the context of the post). Often someone will write a long post, that is fine, but one or two sentences would cause it to be deleted. We feel it is better to edit the post, in consideration of the value of the author's time, than to delete it. For example, we may have a post written about a rock crawling event a member went to but the author makes a derogatory racial statement about some other group in attendance. We will take that section of the post out. If post editing is offensive to you, we ask that you not be a part of our forums, reading or posting.
5. A moderator has the right to move a thread to another forum if he thinks that this would be a more appropriate area for that thread. A shadow of the original thread may be left behind by the moderator if they so choose.
6. A moderator has not the right to ban a user from the forum. This will be done only after consultation with the other moderators and the forum's administrator. There is a special forum just for moderators. Should any problems arise, they will be discussed there and not on the open boards.
7. When a moderator participates in a discussion, he should do it in accordance with rules (2) and (3) above. In no case, should a moderator use his administrative role, as a weighting factor in such a discussion. When participating in a discussion, the moderator is treated as just any other member, and is subjected to the same rules that apply for the members, only he is judged more strictly, since he has to set the example for the members.
8. Every member who has a specific and documented complaint about a moderator should directly discuss the problem with the moderator himself. If he is not satisfied with the outcome, the member can notify the forum's administrator, brute4c, with his complaint, while concurrently cc-ing the particular moderator. I expect both members and moderators to act as responsible adults and to work problems out between each other. Sometimes this may not be possible and then I will need to be involved.
9. Moderators should always keep in mind that this forum is (and will always remain) a family oriented playground, where members come to discuss common interests and enjoy themselves. They deserve the utmost respect, and that is what they should get. Your actions should be well justified and the member against whom you are taking actions, should be aware of the reasons which caused your actions. Under no circumstances can a moderator remove a thread or post, without explaining his actions to the offending member. Remember to be polite when you are asking someone to tone down their posts -- and be sure to mention that you have had requests from others to take action, when applicable. This makes it sound a lot less like you are acting like the bully you may be seen as. Also, such incidents should be reported to the forums administrator, brute4c, so that, in the event of escalation in a situation, the history is already known.
10. If a moderator faces a severe problem with a member, and he is not sure how to handle it, it is best to bring the problem to the Moderators Forum for discussion.
Practically speaking, if:
1. A moderator notices a new thread or a new post which is not in accordance with the forum rules: He moves the thread or post to a specified forum, where it remains for dispute reasons. That forum is accessible only to moderators and admin. He also has to warn the member who posted the offended thread about his actions, either by e-mail or PM and notify brute4c.
2. A moderator notices a thread which does not fit in the forum it was posted. The thread is moved to the proper forum, leaving a redirection link in the original forum.
3. A moderator notices a posting that contains a small amount of objectionable material under the Forum Rules but the rest of the post is acceptable. The post is edited for only that content that is objectionable and the rest stays as posted. The moderator places bold text in parenthesis where the offending word or phrase was removed to indicate the point at which the edit was made. Something like (Moderator edit), (Edited by moderator) or (Content removed by moderator), etc. is fine.
4. A moderator has a significant problem with one member and wishes that this member be banned from the forum. He posts a message in the Moderators Forum explaining the reasons for which he wants the user banned. Other moderators provide their opinions. Decision is reached. If the member is banned a message is sent to the offending member explaining the reasons he/she was banned. Personally I hope this never happens.
When in doubt, please pm or e-mail me. Things aren't always set in stone and sometimes subjectivity enters the picture. But as long as the Forum Rules are being used as the guideline, and the best interest of the site is taken into consideration, most actions by moderators are self-evident.
Feel free to send me comments on the above and be assured my "door" is always open!
Jon 'brute4c' Schmidt
Founder & President M715Zone.com
|Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links below or the search box above to find your way around.|